They may not have zippers, pockets, or buttons, but they're arguably the best way to cover your backside.
1. The obvious: they are the most comfortable pants ever.
Nothing beats relaxing in some spandex that doesn't remind you of the last meal you ate or whatever body part your jeans unforgivably dig into.
4. Leggings allow our limbs the freedom they deserve.
We sit all day in restrictive pants, Spanx, tights, etc. Don't we owe our legs a break once in a while to have full range of motion?
10. They can make the rough transition from the workday to working out less of a pain. All you have to do is swap the top.
12. Plus, they don't rustle, chafe, ride up, move around, or get caught in things when you're in the throws of a no-nonsense workout.
13. Leggings also solve the classic "shir-ress" conundrum: too long for a shirt, too short for a dress.
This woman could use a good pair of leggings.
16. And when leggings don't suffice, they make an unbeatable companion to leg warmers and thick knee-highs.
20. Although some definitely take leggings too far, no one can argue against their potential as a creative canvas.
21. And to those who object to leggings being "see-through," rest assured they can be as opaque as you want them to be.
23. And in a society that tells us constantly to "mask our flaws," leggings are a statement of defiance.
24. And when we do want to suck it all in, a high-waisted legging does the trick.
Let's be real. No one wants to suffocate in Spanx.