Three words that make a nightmare: panty bar shift.
1. Yes, employees know the panty table looks like a natural disaster zone. It’s a never-ending battle.
And when you toss aside 10 panties you don’t want to find the one pair you do, everyone who works there hates you a little bit.
2. The Semi-Annual Sale might be your favorite time of year, but it’s an employee’s waking nightmare.
There WAS an organizing system to those bra bins, once. Promise.
3. No, seriously. You have NO IDEA what the back of the store looks like during SAS.
4. And any “great deal” on panties is basically our biggest nightmare.
5. Employees hate asking you to sign up for an Angel card as much as you hate being asked.
6. Employees can tell pretty much immediately when you’re wearing the wrong bra size.
7. They’ve seen things.
However, it’s not that weird — it’s just part of the job.
8. Customers occasionally return their products in a condition you’d need to see to believe.
9. Work at a Victoria’s Secret for even a month and you’ll become an expert bra detective for life.
10. Every woman who works at Victoria’s Secret has approximately 12309128410 bras.
11. And if every employee in the store smells the same, there’s a reason why.
12. People who work at VS feel a weird kinship with the fashion show.
13. This is…pretty much true.
14. They kind of wish the bra drawers were locked and only employees had the key.
15. Pretty much everyone’s confused a mannequin for a person. At least once.
16. And there is a part of every back room that looks a little bit like a creepy haunted house.
17. Most people who work there don’t really “get” the PINK mini dogs, either.
18. The employees kind of love the all-black uniform.
19. Their work update texts are probably a bit more scandalous than yours.
20. Overnight floor sets almost always include a picnic.
21. That’s why there are after-hours dance parties, too.