It is important for every team in the NBA to have that one super star player on there team. That one person they can trust that ball with at the end of the game. Sometimes however that superstar needs a break. It is important for every superstar to have a key sidekick. These are the top 5 sidekicks in the NBA.
5. Tyson Chandler, New York Knicks - While leading the NBA in field-goal percentage at 64.5 percent, Chandler is also accounting for 10.7 points and 11.0 rebounds on a nightly basis.
4. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers - While shooting a career-high 55 percent from the field, Griffin has done much more than dunk his way to 18.5 points per night. He has added an array of low-post moves to his game while also collecting an average of 8.6 rebounds.
3. Dwight Howard, Los Angeles Lakers - Though his scoring average is down to just 16.4 points in his first season with the Los Angeles Lakers, Howard is still leading the league in rebounding at 12.5 per contest.
2. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder - At 23.4 points per night, he is combining with teammate Kevin Durant to average 51.8 points for the Oklahoma City Thunder.
1. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat - Fueled by a career-high field-goal percentage of 52.1 percent, the 21.5 points per game that Wade is scoring ranks eighth in the NBA. Wade is also posting a player efficiency rating of 24.55 that currently ranks sixth in the league.