Who doesn't love fun facts? On top of that, who doesn't love fun facts that are scientifically backed and can be stated as quantifiable truths? Most people I'll go out on a limb to say because most peopel can't get enough of these little guys and always more. So, here you all go, more! Another 20 crazy, interesting facts that are backed by science.
2. The earth spins at 1000 mph but travels through space a 67,000 mph.
6. On Venus it snows metal. Two types have been found called galena and bismuthinite.
They have been located on the tops of mountains as mountains on earth are capped with snow.
7. Plants have legitimate families.
They don't have any memory but they can recognize close relatives and work along side them to grow stronger.
9. The deepest part of the ocean is 36,200 feet down. In other words, that's 25 Empire State Buildings stacked on top of one another.
10. If you drilled a hole directly through the earth and jumped in it would take exactly 42 minutes and 12 seconds to get to the other side.
11. "Sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia" is the scientific name for brain freeze.
13. The mollusc was the world's oldest creature at 507 years old. It was alive and and still going until scientists killed it by mistake.
16. A medium sized cumulus cloud (so, like, not even a stormy one) weighs about the same amount as 80 elephants!
18. A handshake transfers more germs than a kiss. In other words if you have a cold, you're more likely to give it to someone by shaking their hand rather than kissing them.
19. Seahorses don't have stomachs. They only have intestines for the absorption of nutrients from food.
20. Around a million billion neutrinos from the Sun will pass through your body while you read this sentence.