These magical vintage pictures of Disneyland, during its first year, will make you wish you had a time machine.
1. Guests running towards Sleeping Beauty Castle.
2. Mickey Mouse’s face greets guests, as a Disneyland railroad locomotive stations in front of the Main Street station.
3. Walt Disney and a stuffed Mickey Mouse doll conduct the train as it arrives at a Main Street station.
4. Walt, along with his daughters Diane and Sharon, wife Lilly, and a guest enjoy some quiet time at his private apartment on Main Street, U.S.A.
5. Walt takes the reigns of a red, horse-drawn fire wagon for a ride around Main Street.
6. This would never happen today: Children running freely through the gate of Sleeping Beauty Castle.
7. No trip to Disneyland is complete without a ride on the Mad Tea Party.
8. Kids enjoying a terrifying ride through Snow White and her Adventures.
9. An aerial shot of Fantasyland.
10. Walt and his grandson taking a break and enjoying some soft drinks in Frontierland.
11. The Mark Twain riverboat begins its journey around the Rivers of America.
12. Showgirls enjoy a fantastic view of the Rivers of America from atop the Golden Horseshoe Saloon.
13. Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Donald Duck, and Captain Hook await for the parade to start.
14. A Seven Dwarf entertains the crowd on Main Street during the parade.
15. Tomorrowland gets its own section during the parade
16. Guests enjoy a nice break in the shade near the TWA rocket in Tomorrowland.
17. Kids putting pedal to the metal on Autopia.
18. Walt and his grandson enjoy the view from in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle.