Artist Gary Hovey welded his first flatware animal sculpture back in 2004.Gary says that his sculptures are about things that he enjoys, “wildlife, welding, and humor.”He feels that “different patterns in flatware add texture and interest” to his pieces.He can only use only stainless steel flatware because of the welding process.
Silver melts at a much lower temperature than stainless steel, so it gets destroyed by the high heat.
Gary jokes on his website, “Our gratitude and sympathy to the USPS, especially our local mail delivery.”
He says that producing the work is therapeutic for him, though it has become increasingly difficult.
Ссылки по теме:
- Amazing driftwood sculptures
- 12 Amazingly Creative Examples of Environmental Art
- Photos from AfricaBurn 2013
- Very realistic sculpture by by Rovo Jin
- A marble sculpture of the dead wife and her dog