From a distance, these simply look like bird statues, with jewel-like colors and curious expressions. Up close, though, the cute birds turn into breathtaking works of detailed mosaic art. Each one is "feathered" in a series of intricately arranged glass pieces, crystals, and metal. The eyes and beaks are also formed from larger glass pieces, and the mosaics are patterned to mimic the natural patterns of feathers.
These are the sculptures of artist Dusciana Bravura, who creates birds and other creatures in this incredible and painstaking fashion. The bright, twinkling birds have a mischievous yet playful feeling (even the one holding an eyeball). They call to mind both grand historical mosaics of old, as well as crafts involving beads, glitter, and sequins that you might have enjoyed as a child
Ссылки по теме:
- I Recycle Old Motorbike Parts Into Steampunk Animal Sculptures
- Four "Hidden" Paintings Are Revealed From Different Angles
- A Giant Sculpture Crawls Out Of The Ground In Budapest
- Enormous Eagle Sculpture is Largest Bird Monument in Europe
- These Charmingly Steampunk Animals Are Created From Scrap Metal