1. First things first: Armenia is a small, mountainous country in the South Caucasus.
2. Before gaining independence in 1991, Armenians lived under Ottoman and Russian rule, and the country was part of the Soviet Union.
3. The Kardashian sisters visited to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide, a defining event in Armenian history and identity.
4. They aren’t the only famous diaspora Armenians to stop by.
5. Armenia has a chilly relationship with some of its neighbors.
11. But Armenia can do modern, too. Anyone who’s been there knows its public fountain game is on point.