You hope that you'll never need them but it's better to be safe than sorry. Not everyone has taken karate all their life but you want to be prepared for the worst, no matter what. Having these 12 self-defense tips in your back pocket will make you feel safe and liberated if the time ever comes. They aren't too complicated and who knows what difference they can make one of these days, so take a look and see how you can protect yourself.
1. If you are being robbed on the street, toss your wallet as far from the predator as possible. His priority is likely the wallet and the second he goes to retrieve it, run like heck in the opposite direction.
2. If you are ever thrown into a trunk, kick out the back tail light and stick your hand out to alert other drivers.
3. Sexy shoes by day, dangerous weapon by night.
4. No one will suspect a thing.
5. Check out these instructions for tips on getting yourself out of zip ties.
6. SafeTrek is an app that allows you to hold down a button when you feel you are in danger. If you are attacked, release the button and local authorities will be alerted. The only way to turn the signal off is with a password that only you will know
7. Memorize a few pressure points that can make all the difference with minimal force.
8. What do thieves want? Your wallet? Yes. Feminine hygiene products? Absolutely not.
9. Heel punch!
10. Your head is one of your greatest assets. Use it! Just make sure to use the top part of your crown and not your forehead.
11. The classic: dog spray (since pepper spray is illegal in some countries). You can also even use hornet spray or make your own! Either way, bsure to check out these tips for the most effective use.
12. Be confident! Attackers prey on easy victims. Don't let that be you by radiating your strength!