*turns bright red, runs away*
1. The holidays can be stressful when you have gift-opening anxiety.
2. Because your face just doesn’t seem to know what to do while opening a present.
3. Which means that the days leading up to G-Day can leave you a husk of your former self.
4. On Christmas Day, you try to get your head in the game.
5. And when the gift-opening commences, you try not to panic.
6. When you look around, you notice everyone else effortlessly expressing their gift-opening joy.
7. And then it’s your turn to open a gift.
8. And at first, your mouth decides to say some exclamatory word without your permission.
9. But then you feel like a dork so you keep it cool with a heartfelt “thank you.”
10. And then you get nervous so you overcompensate.
11. So you start talking about some of the present’s cool ~features~ and you’re totally not making sense now.
12. And you insist on doing some kind of role-play with the item to show how perfect it is for you.
13. All the while you’re looking around the room smiling like a MANIAC because you just want it to be over.
14. And everyone’s just like:
15. And you’re still like:
16. And all the other joyous gift openers move on.
17. And you’re finally free — UNTIL NEXT YEAR.