2. The word "coffee" originated from "qahwa," the Arabic word for wine.
3. Starbucks coffee quality experts taste over 250,000 cups of coffee per year to ensure their customers receive the bes
5. Here's what it looks like on the inside of a coffee berry. There are two beans per berry and it takes about 4,000 bea
6. According to legend, an Ethiopian goatherder named Kaldi discovered coffee when he noticed his goats became more ener
8. As a response to the heavy tea tax that Britain imposed on the colonies, Americans not only held the Boston Tea Party
10. Espresso is not a bean or type of coffee blend, it's a way of preparing coffee by shooting hot, pressurized water th
11. Instant coffee was invented by George Washington. No, not the president, but rather an inventor of Belgian descent w
13. The soldiers loved their coffee so much, that some guns, such as the Sharps military carbine, had a coffee mill buil
14. There are over 50 species of coffee worldwide, but only two, arabic and robusta, are used in commercial coffee produ
15. The French philosopher Voltaire loved coffee so much that he drank on average 50 cups a day.
16. Brazil grows more coffee than any other country and is responsible for about a third of the world's coffee supply.
19. Kopi Luwak is the most expensive coffee in the world and sells for anywhere between $100-600/lb, with a specialty bl