I am the first person to understand not having enough time to eat through out the day. Most of the time I forget I even have to eat when I am super busy. If you are like me and are always rushing from one place to the next, take 15 minutes of your day, and instead of checking your facebook*, make yourself something yummy and healthy to eat.
* Запрещены в РФ
Crescent Roll Calzones
1 Can refrigerated crescent rolls
Shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/4 C jarred pizza sauce, plus more for dipping
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Grease or spray cookie sheet.
2. On cookie sheet, unroll dough and separate into 4 rectangles; press each into 7×4-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. Spread 1 tablespoon sauce on. Place four slices of pepperoni on top of sauce.
3. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over sauce and pepperoni. Fold dough over filling; firmly press edges with fork to seal.
4. Sprinkle the top of each calzone with garlic powder, dried oregano, and dried basil.
5. Bake 10- 15 minutes or until deep golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
Totinos Pizza Rolls
1 box of Totino's® Pizza Rolls® of your choice
1. Set oven temperature to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place Pizza Rolls® on cookie sheet. Space the rolls one inch apart. Put cookie sheet in oven on middle rack.
3. Cook nine to 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
4. Cool for two minutes and serve.
Or if you just have to have them right away, throw 6 on a plate and nuke them for a minute!
Tortilla Roll ups
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and green chile peppers.
2. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on the tortillas. Roll up each tortilla individually. Slice rolled tortillas into bite sized pieces. Dip the pieces in salsa and enjoy!
Cheese Steak Egg Rolls
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 (12.5 ounce) package frozen sandwich steak meat
1 (14 ounce) package egg roll wrappers
4 slices American cheese, halved
2 cups oil for frying, or as needed
1/4 cup ketchup
1. Heat skillet with the tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Break frozen steak pieces into skillet; cook and stir until steak is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Arrange egg roll wrappers on a flat surface; place a half slice of cheese on each one. 4. Layer an equal amount of steak mixture on top of each cheese slice. Roll up egg rolls according to package directions, and seal edges, wetting with water if necessary.
4. Heat 1 inch of oil in a large skillet, or preheat a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
5. Fry the rolls in the hot oil until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove; drain on paper towels. Serve warm with ketchup for dipping.
Puffy Pizza Pull Apart Bread
3 cans refrigerator biscuits
1 large jar of spaghetti sauce
Favorite pizza toppings...olives, pepperoni, sausage, ham, onions, chicken, mushrooms, veggies...etc...
3 cups of grated mozzarella cheese
2 t. Italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut biscuits into quarters and place them in a large bowl.
3. Pour enough spaghetti sauce in to cover the biscuits.
4. Add italian seasoning and mix together.
5. Add MORE sauce if you want more.
6. Add 1 c. cheese (reserve the rest for the top) and pour mixture into a greased 9x13 baking pan.
7. Top with your favorite pizza toppings and the rest of the cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until biscuits are done.
Chicken Quesadilla pinwheels.
4 flour tortillas (10 to 12-inch)
2 cups monterey jack (shredded)
1 cup chipotle salsa
2 cups chicken meat (chopped rotisserie, warm from store or warmed in microwave)
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add a flour tortilla, blister it on 1 side then turn it over.
3. Scatter cheese on top and cook 1 minute. Remove to cutting board.
4. Top the tortilla with 1/4 cup salsa, spreading it gently with the back of a spoon back to edges. Top with 1/2 cup chicken, then roll tortilla into a log.
5. Let stand a minute before cutting. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
6. Cut pinwheels into 1/2-inch slices and arrange on platter.
Emergency Garlic Bread
4 hot dog buns
4 teaspoons butter, or as needed
2 teaspoons garlic powder, or to taste
1. Preheat your oven's broiler, or a toaster oven.
2. Separate the bun halves, and spread butter onto the cut side of each one. Sprinkle some garlic powder over the butter.
3. Broil or toast until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
Spiced Turkey Empanada
12 lb meat (ground turkey)
12 tsp salt
14 tsp pepper
14 tsp cumin
14 tsp chili powder (sweet)
1 tbsp olive oil
15 ozs diced tomatoes (drained)
1 cup olive (chopped)
2 tbsps jalapeno peppers (chopped pickled jalapeno peppers optional)
vegetable oil (cooking spray)
1 lb dough (raw frozen pizza)
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Sprinkle turkey with salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder. Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Cook turkey, breaking up with a spoon, until brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Stir in tomatoes, olives and jalapenos.
Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer until turkey is cooked through and tomatoes are soft,
4. Coat a large cookie sheet with cooking spray. Cut dough into 4 equal portions. Pull dough into 4 flat disks, each 8 inches in diameter. Top each round with 1/2 cup turkey filling. Fold dough in half and fold bottom edge over top. Press closed. Transfer to cookie sheet and coat empanadas with cooking spray. Bake until dough is firm and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
12 slices bread
4 tbsps butter
1/4 lb cheese
14 tsp baking powder
14 tsp salt
1 egg (separated)
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Cut 2 inch rounds from the bread slices and toast under the broiler until golden, one side only (take care as it scorches easily).
3. Spread with butter on the untoasted side.
4. Lightly beat the egg yolk and whip the white to stiff peaks.
5. Mix cheese, baking powder, salt and beaten egg yolk; fold in egg white.
6. Spread mixture thickly on buttered side of bread; place on cookie sheet close together.
7. Place under preheated broiler until puffed and light brown.
2 ozs tortilla chips (baked)
12 cup marinara sauce (jarred)
12 tsp dried oregano
12 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese (shredded)
2 tsps grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Arrange tortilla chips on baking sheet or pizza pan.
3. Drizzle with marinara sauce and sprinkle with oregano.
4. Top with cheeses.
5. Broil until chips just start to brown and cheese starts to melt (about 1 minute).
Herbed Chicken Nuggets
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs, seasoned
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Trim any fat from chicken and cut into 1 inch cubes.
3. In a bowl beat the eggs with the water and add the chicken.
4. Combine the parsley, thyme, red pepper, bread crumbs, wheat germ, basil and ground pepper. Stir in the oil with a fork and mix well to distribute evenly. Pour seasoning mixture into a resealable plastic bag and the chicken pieces to coat.
5. Place coated chicken pieces on the prepared baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 10 minutes, turn the pieces and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Baked Cheese Crisps
6 corn tortillas
12 cup low-fat cheddar cheese (shredded)
3 tbsps green chilies (diced)
1 tomato (diced)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place tortillas on cookie sheet and sprinkle each tortilla with grated cheese and chilies.
3. Bake for 2 minutes, or until cheese bubbles.
4. Remove to serving platter and sprinkle with diced tomato.
5. Serve with Salsa and fat free sour cream.
Crispy Cheese Quesadillas
1 tortilla (10 inch)
12 cup cheddar cheese (firm cheese grated like monterrey jack)
1 green onion (sliced)
12 tomato (seeded chopped)
14 cup red pepper (chopped finely)
1 tbsp chives (minced)
1. Prepare filling & toss well in a small container.
2. Heat a skillet with a slight misting of oil, then wipe pan.
3. Put tortilla in pan momentarily, on one side, then other, just to soften.
4. Remove tortilla, add filling to one half, fold over, and lay in pan.
5. Turn heat down to med-low for one or 2 minutes on one side, then carefully flip & cook 2 minutes on the other, or until the cheese is melted.
6. Serve with some fresh salsa & a touch of sour cream.
Chilli and Cheese Spirals
4 ozs cream cheese (softened)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 ozs green chilies (diced)
3 green onions (sliced)
12 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
12 cup ripe olives (chopped)
4 flour tortillas (8 inch soft)
salsa (thick chunky for accompaniment)
1. Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chilies, green onions, bell pepper and olives in medium bowl.
2. Spread 1/2 cup cheese mixture over each tortilla; roll up. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Remove plastic wrap; slice each roll into six 3/4-inch pieces. Serve with salsa for dipping.
BBQ Chicken Flatbread
4 flat bread (you can use thin pita bread)
1 1/2 cups of sliced leftover grilled chicken
1/2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, coarsely chopped
6 leaves fresh basil, coarsely chopped
3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 tbsp BBQ sauce
1. Heat the grill. Mix all the ingredients together (except the bread) in a bowl. Use your hands. It's easier.
2. Turn the heat to low on your grill. Lay the flat breads on (high rack if you have one).
3. Spread BBQ sauce across flat bread
4. Mound the mixture on the flat bread, spreading to the edges. Close the grill and give it a minute or two, When it is melted, it's done. (If you leave it on too long, the bread will burn).
5. Put it on a bread board and cut it with a pizza cutter.