Iconic, talented and without question controversial, lead singer of Guns N’ Roses Axl Rose is one of the most polarising characters in rock n roll. Nobody can deny his incredible voice & charisma, but as you’re about to see, he certainly has a chequered past between his former bandmates and the law….
1. At the 1992 MTV Music Video Awards, Axl got into a fight with Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love, fearing that Love was trying to possess him.
2. Tommy Hilfiger and Axl Rose got into a brawl at Rosario Dawson’s 27th birthday party after Rose allegedly “wouldn’t stop smacking” Hilfiger.
4. Izzy Stradlin, born Jeffrey Dean Isbell, met Axl Rose in high school when they started a garage band together.
Guns N' Roses - Don't Cry
5. Axl often travels with his own psychic, Sharon Maynard, who is known in his entourage as “Yoda.”
6. Axl believes that he and ex-girlfriend Stephanie Seymour were together in many of their past lives.
8. In a deposition, Axl’s ex-wife Erin Everly testified that Axl believed he was actually possessed by John Bonham.
10. In the video for Guns N’ Roses’ “Don’t Cry,” the woman who plays Axl’s psychotherapist is his actual therapist, Suzzy London, who occasionally accompanied the band on the road.
11. Axl’s five favorite books are A Scanner Darkly by Philip K. Dick, The Stand by Stephen King,Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, The Zodiac by Neal Stephenson, and James Dean: The Mutant King by David Dalton.
13. Axl is a night owl, and is habitually late for meetings. He once joked in a Rolling Stone interview that when he died, he would put in his will that his coffin should show up half an hour after the funeral began, with “SORRY I’M LATE” written in gold on the side.
Hmm..... sounds like me =]
Hmm..... sounds like me =]
15. The hidden track on GNR’s The Spaghetti Incident, “Look at Your Game, Girl,” was written by Charles Manson and included on the album at Rose’s insistence.
16. On his left arm, Axl has a tattoo of an Ottoman Empire emblem with the words “Victory or Death” printed below it.
17. Axl’s rider includes a provision that the dressing room must be all black and include bouquets of fresh roses, 18 red and 18 white.
18. In the early 1990s, Axl was a big N.W.A. fan, wearing a baseball cap of theirs while filming a promo for the video “You Could Be Mine.”
19. The album art for Appetite for Destruction was originally a painting by the same name by Robert Williams, showing a robot rapist. When stores refused to stock the album, Geffen replaced the art with the famous skull cross depicting the band members.
21. At GNR’s first gig in Seattle in 1985, the band’s bus broke down en route. They hitchhiked the rest of the way, only to find that the show had been canceled.