I really hate people taking photos near the sculptures. When I was traveling around the Europe with my friends, I just couldn’t get why people think that they have to make a photo near every sculpture. Is it in our genes? Or is there some kind of magnet in those sculptures? Well ok, there might be some sculptures that I would like to have a photo standing near them… Check this awesome list of 20 strange sculptures around the world.
1. Vomiting Fountain Sculpture, London, UK
2. Traffic Light Tree, London, UK
Designed by Pierre Vivant, “Traffic Light Tree” has 75 sets of traffic lights. The sculpture was created to mimic a tree structure and reflect the energy of the developing Canary Wharf area.
3. Fancy Cow, Düsseldorf, Germany
4. Skull on a man, Prague, Czech Republic
5. Two peeing guys, Prague, Czech Republic
” The idea is disarmingly simple. Two bronze sculptures pee into their oddly-shaped enclosure.
While they are peeing, the two figures move realistically. An electric mechanism driven by a couple of microprocessors swivels the upper part of the body, while the penis goes up and down. The stream of water writes quotes from famous Prague residents.
Visitor can interrupt them by sending SMS message from mobile phone to a number, displayed next to the sculptures. The living statue then ‘writes’ the text of the message, before carrying on as before.”
6. Guy on a bicycle, Chile
7. Ballerina man, Los Angelo’s, CA, USA
8. Skeletons in love, Nong Khai, Northeast Thailand
9. Certainties on the gravitation of an Elephant, Paris, France
It is on the basis of learned scientific calculations that Daniel Firman reached this conclusion, and came above all to produce this extraordinary work which confounds all our certainties regarding the gravitation of bodies.”
10. Sculpture of Pig as Chinese Monk, Phoenix, Arizona
11. The Spider that Ate Parliament, Ontario, Canada
12. Disturbing sculpture, location unknown
13. Pig the Cyclist, Texas, USA
14. Engagement Rings, Vancouver, Canada
By Dennis Oppenheim, made of glass, steel, and Aluminum. Must be a good place to engage.
15. Rusty Men, London, UK
16. A Crocodile eating a Capitalist, Brooklyn, NY, USA
17. Device to Root Out Evil, Vancouver, Canada
18. Mystic Carhenge near Alliance, Nebraska, USA
19. Chasing One Another, Tokyo, Japan
20. Passing through the wall, Montmartre, Paris