Over the past decade some teams have drafted really well in the 1st round while others have done a poor job. Looking back we can see which MLB teams have an eye for drafting good talent in the 1st round of the draft and which teams do not. Lets see which teams knows what their doing in the 1st round
10. Kansas City Royals - Number of First-Round Picks to Reach MLB: 7 (of 12)
9. Baltimore Orioles - Number of First-Round Picks to Reach MLB: 6 (of 9)
8. Pittsburgh Pirates - Number of First-Round Picks to Reach MLB: 6 (of 9)
7. Tampa Bay Rays - Despite the fact that only four of the 12 first round picks of the last decade have reached the major leagues, two of those players, Evan Longoria (2006) and David Price (2007) have developed into perennial all stars.
6. LA Angels - Although they ultimately came up empty with Brandon Wood (2003), the Angels have developed a legitimate ace in Jered Weaver (2004) and perennial MVP candidate in Mike Trout (2010)
5. SF Giants - Over the last decade, the Giants have repeatedly thrived at the major-league level due to their ability to draft and develop pitching prospects. Both Tim Lincecum (2006) and Madison Bumgarner (2007) have been instrumental part of the team's pair of World Series titles in 2010 and 2012, while catcher Buster Posey (2008) has served as the catalyst at the heart of the batting order.
LA Dodgers - With two of the team's four prospects, Chad Billingsley (2003) and Clayton Kershaw (2006), currently represented in their big-league starting rotation, the Dodgers have focused on developing young arms over the last decade
3. Milwaukee Brewers - Despite trading former first round picks Matt Laporta (2007) and Brett Lawrie (2008) prior to their arrival in the major leagues, the Brewers have still produced impact players in Rickie Weeks (2003) and Ryan Braun (2005).
2. Washington Nationals - Number of First-Round Picks to Reach MLB: 7 (of 11)
1. Detroit Tigers - Number of First-Round Picks to Reach MLB: 6 (of 7). With six of their last seven first round draft picks having reached the major leagues, the Tigers stand alone in their ability to develop top prospects