From a very young age, self-taught Chinese photographer Fan Ho began documenting the world around him. In this collection of work, titled Hong Kong Yesterday, he captured the essence of the city throughout the 1950s and 1960s. He was fascinated by the hustle and bustle of the urban environment and enjoyed breathing in the fresh air as he wandered and explored. His work is filled with captivating lights and shadows that produce visually striking patterns and arrangements throughout the compositions. Ho had many adventures during his time on the streets. "Catching me in action, some girls combed their hair and asked me to take their photos again," he said. While, at other times, people were not so amenable. Ho recalls one experience with a butcher: "With a knife in his hand, a pig butcher said he would chop me. He wanted his spirit back."
Ссылки по теме:
- Clever 'Now & Then' Series Shows Us the Future from the Past
- 15 Amazingly ’80s Photos Of Brad Pitt
- Girl replaces all her ex-boyfriend photos with Beyonce…
- There Is Something Strange About These Photos
- These Photos Are Going To Seriously Mess With Your Brain