I was looking for a special needs dog to adopt and found Daisy in the summer of 2011. She was born with a congenital deformity in her front legs and uses a wheelchair to assist her walk. After learning that disabled dogs have a difficult time finding a forever home and are usually the first ones to be listed to euthanize at the shelter, I was heartbroken.
In my eyes, Daisy is a strong girl and I don’t pity her disability and feel the same way about all disabled dogs. I decided to use social media platforms to share Daisy’s story and raise positive awareness for all disabled dogs. With Daisy’s sweet nature, spunky attitude, and underbite smile, she has gained many fans from all around the world and I am beyond grateful. I hope that Daisy’s story and photos will continue to spread and more people will open their hearts to dogs with special needs.
Ссылки по теме:
- Good Dog Saves A Baby Deer From Drowning
- Breeder Abandoned 5-Month-Old Pomeranian Because He Was “Too Big”, They Probably Regret It Now
- Volunteer Pilots Fly Shelter Dogs To New Homes
- What Bikers Randomly Discovered Hidden On The Side Of The Road
- Rescued Husky Goes Through An Incredible Transformation In Just 8 Months