My name is Tom Lynall and I carve small pencil sculptures for a hobby. I am from Birmingham, UK and have been a jeweler for 11 years. In November last year I was sitting in my workshop and picked a pencil and thought I’d carve a little heart into the tip, little did I know this would start me off on one of the most engrossing hobbies I have ever had.
This piece took about 25 hours to complete and nearly drove me crazy.
I love art but I have never been able to draw so this is a good way for me to create things with the limitations of my skill. The main tool I use is the scalpel blade shown in the pictures as well as a few pins which I have altered the end of to give me different blades.
This is great fun to do so if you would like to give it a go the best advice I can give is to not get annoyed when they break, they are extremely fragile but once your done they are fantastically satisfying.
* Запрещены в РФ
Ссылки по теме:
- Sculptor Merges Animals And Plants In Otherworldly Sculptures
- Take A Close Look At These Alien Creatures
- Benedict Cumberbatch Got Turned Into A Life-Size Chocolate Sculpture
- Wool Copies Of Peoples’ Pets
- This Artist Collaborates With Bees To Build Intricate World Maps