The monument ‘Defenders of the Soviet Arctic during the Great Patriotic War’ – better known as ‘Alyosha’ celebrates the defense of Murmansk during WWII. As a result of the long and exhausting clashes in 1941-1942, Soviet troops thwarted joint German-Finnish armies to capture this important Soviet northern port-city.
The square with this 115 feet-high monument is beloved by locals and visitors to the city alike, since here they can enjoy remarkable views over Murmansk.
Ссылки по теме:
- Here’s How Knitting Was Used As A Tool To Spy On Enemies During Wartime
- In 1917 This Woman Helped Deformed WWI Soldiers By Creating Incredibly Accurate Face Masks
- This Post Is Dedicated To All The Veterans Past, Present And Future
- This Heartbreaking Sculpture Depicts The 82 Kids That Were Handed Over To The Nazis
- Rare Photos Of Germany Before It Was Destroyed By War