Construction of Titanic began on March 31, 1909 when designer James Andrews laid the first keel plate in the Harland & Wolff Shipyards Belfast, Ireland. Titanic’s sister ship The Olympic had begun some three months earlier and the two ships were essentially constructed side by side by over 15,000 workers, constructing the Titanic would cost 8 employees their life working on such a mammoth and often dangerous construction site.
Ссылки по теме:
- 20 World-Famous Buildings And Statues In The Middle Of Their Construction
- 13 Oldest Pieces of Clothing and Accessories Ever Found
- Here’s How Knitting Was Used As A Tool To Spy On Enemies During Wartime
- 10 Colorized Photos of Famous Landmarks Under Construction
- UPS Driver Entertains Himself At Work By Taking Photos With Every Dog He Meets