1. The human brain takes in 11 million pieces of information per second but is only aware of 40.
2. The earth spins at 1000 mph but travels through space a 67,000 mph.
3. Scallops have as many as 100 simple eyes that are frequently blue.
4. 65% of people with autism are left-handed.
5. Scientists finally concluded that the chicken came first, not the egg.
6. On Venus it snows metal. Two types have been found called galena and bismuthinite.
7. Plants have legitimate families.
9. The deepest part of the ocean is 36,200 feet down. In other words, that's 25 Empire State Buildings stacked on top of one another.
10. If you drilled a hole directly through the earth and jumped in it would take exactly 42 minutes and 12 seconds to get to the other side.
11. "Sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia" is the scientific name for brain freeze.
12. Geophysicists have determined a way to turn peanut butter into diamond gemstones.
13. The mollusc was the world's oldest creature at 507 years old. It was alive and and still going until scientists killed it by mistake.
14. Sharks can live to be 100 years old.
15. If you could drive your straight, directly up, you'd arrive in space in just over an hour.
16. A medium sized cumulus cloud (so, like, not even a stormy one) weighs about the same amount as 80 elephants!
17. The country of Russia is bigger than the planet Pluto.
18. A handshake transfers more germs than a kiss. In other words if you have a cold, you're more likely to give it to someone by shaking their hand rather than kissing them.
19. Seahorses don't have stomachs. They only have intestines for the absorption of nutrients from food.
20. Around a million billion neutrinos from the Sun will pass through your body while you read this sentence.