I absolutely adore traveling. It's one of my ultimate favorite things, but sometimes the airport can be the worst experience ever and can really put a damper on your trip. But, that's where I come in! These hacks are things that even the most avid of travelers had no idea about!
For smooth and safe travels, check out these important hacks:
1. Check if you apply for Global Entry or TSA Pre programs, so you can skip all the unnecessary security hassles.
2. Fly the red eye flights, and save money, time and the rush of people!
3. You're actually allowed to bring your own alcohol on the plane if they're 100 ml or less and fit in a 20 cm x 20 cm Ziploc bag.
4. Most people are right-handed and are known to turn right on impulse, so pick the security lane that's on the left to avoid line-ups!
5. Carry an empty water bottle in your carry-on. Products are ridiculously overpriced at airports, so fill your bottle up at the water fountain for no money!
6. Use sites like Seat Guru to find out if your potential seats were given a good rating by previous flyers.
7. Ask for upgrades! You'll never know if something might be up for grabs, if you don't ask!
8. If you get sick easily or fear turbulence, make sure you hop on a morning flight. Factors that cause turbulence usually occur in the afternoon.
9. If you're going to park and fly, make sure you find cheaper parking than the airport here.
10. If you're traveling with kids, some airports have family lounges where mom and dad can grab a drink while the kids play.
11. When you do park, snap a photo of your parking spot so you don't forget after a week or two of awesome traveling!
12. If you go over your weight limit, wear your extra clothing. You'll probably sweat, but hey, at least you won't get charged up the wazoo!