Some time ago, we wrote about kids who read to shelter cats, and now there’s a similar campaign for dogs! At this Missouri Humane Society, the Shelter Buddies Reading Program pairs kids age 6 to 15 with fearful dogs to prepare them for life in a forever home. After completing a 10 hour training program, the kids sit in front of a she dog’s kennel and read to them from a book.
Kids read to shelter dogs not only to keep them company but also to make them more adoptable
“When children tell stories to the dogs, it also helps them develop their own reading skills”
“Hearing a child reading can really calm those animals. It is incredible, the response we’ve seen in these dogs.”
Ссылки по теме:
- Dangerous journey for giving a birth to a child
- 25 Kids Who Haven't Figured Out This Hide And Seek Thing
- These 16 Dogs Got Out Of The Shelter, And Their Reactions Are Amazing!
- Shelter Dog Hugs Her Friend Hours Before Euthanasia And Saves Their Li
- Shelter Dog Photobooth Pics Helps More Pups Find Forever Homes
"Hearing a child reading can really calm those animals" - btw, in animal shelters drugs calm animals, but not such show with children`s participation)) that`s usual practice.
p.s. Fishki, now you decided to show Russian spectators where you take your stuff?))) are you a Russian site after that?..