Paris is often listed as one of the most beautiful cities in the world, but it’s about to get even more attractive. A new law was passed and now Parisians are not only allowed, but also encouraged to have their own urban gardens.
Residents will be able to receive renewable three-year permits for growing vegetables, fruits, flowers, and other plants. According to the bill, these gardens must be maintained using sustainable methods only. That means no pesticides! The city of Paris will also provide each new gardener a “planting kit” (which includes seeds and topsoil) to kickstart their projects.
This initiative is part of mayor Anne Hidalgo’s plan to add 100 hectares of green space to the city by 2020.
Ссылки по теме:
- The 20 Most Original Fairy Garden Designs
- 27 Ways To Recycle Your Old Furniture Into A Fairytale Garden
- 12 Fantastic Fairy Garden Ideas
- We Found New Species In Our Garden
- Loving Husband Spends 2 Years Planting Thousands Of Flowers For His Blind Wife To Smell