I’ve been saving Starburst wrappers diligently (with the help of friends and family) for 4 years to create this dress. After enough were saved I organized them into colors, ironed them, folded them into links, and made candy wrapper chains.
After enough were saved I organized them into colors, ironed them, folded them into links, and made candy wrapper chains
By painting underwear elastic to match the colors of the wrappers I was able to seal the edges and insert a zipper
Complete with matching candy wrapper bag corsage
With the use of elastic thread, I was able to sew the links together into a “fabric” to create the dress. My husband and I met when he offered me a pack of Starburst a few years before the project started. As his favorite candy he began to save grocery bags full of wrappers for me… The dress had a nice spot next to the gift table at our wedding almost 2 years ago!
Ссылки по теме:
- This Company Lets Kids Design Their Own Clothes
- 86-Year-Old Grandma Gets Married In A Gorgeous Dress She Designed Herself
- How Iranian Women Dressed In The 1970s Revealed In Old Magazines
- This Dad Makes Disney-Inspired Dresses For His Kids And They Look Too Good To Be Real
- Armenian Illustrator Completes His Cut-Out Dresses With Everyday Objects